It might sound simple, but one of the little things you can do to simplify your business and your life this year is get control of your passwords. Too many people have the same password for every site they use and with prevalence of hacking, this becomes a very dangerous habit. Don’t waste your time telling me how hard it is to create and manage passwords – I know, the struggle is real. Correction, the struggle was real. Enter LastPass. Without a doubt one of my all-time, life saving, favorite tools.
LastPass is a secure, password management solution that installs in under a minute on your browser and helps you store, remember and manage your passwords. Long story short, you never have to remember another password again. The functionality of the application is phenomenal and I’ll highlight a few of my favorite features:
- Free Option: completely sufficient for most purposes and a great way to try it out
- Paid Option: sync between multiple devices and computers for a truly comprehensive, never think about a password again, option
- Mobile App: great for quickly using or looking up passwords on the go if you don’t want to pay for an account
- Single Click to Remember Logins and Passwords – or not: you choose which sites you want the system to remember and which you don’t (e.g.: banking, investments, etc.)
- Auto-generate Passwords: for the ultra secure, have the system create super complex passwords
They also have additional services like storing credit cards for easy online purchasing, saving notes and filling out online forms. Best of all, the application is super easy to use and very flexible. Of course, as with all changes, you’ll have to invest a little time and intentionality into the process but trust me, it is well worth the little effort it takes to get your passwords off your list of hassles and into a thing of the past.
As always, if you want a little help getting setup and an overview of the features and how to quickly start reaping the benefits of this phenomenal program, just give us a call.